Writing is an important integral skill of foreign language learning. In multisensory synchro learning approach, writing practice requires students to write down what to be said while listening. It involves the following five steps:
1) Write down the words you understand in sequence while listening;
2) Leave those words you do not understand in blank, or guess the words according to the context or pronunciation;
3) Make up those missing words by repeated listening;
4) Verify and correct the words according to the transcript;
5) Repeat above process until you can fast and accurately complete the whole dictation
In this way, students will master pronunciation and spelling as well as improving listening and ability to respond. Writing helps to apply all of the words and grammar learned into practice. Writing practice will also improve speaking skill, as no words can be written without first speaking it out in our mind.